Workforce Innovation Board
The LWIA 23 Local Workforce Innovation Board is a business-led policy and oversight board for workforce development programs and services across the thirteen counties of workforce area 23.
The Board is responsible for:
• Developing local plans for the use of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Funds
• Oversight of the local service delivery system
• Coordinating activities with economic development entities and employers in the economic development region
• Ensuring Local Workforce Innovation Area 23 residents have the skills and knowledge they need to find and keep jobs that lead to economic self-sufficiency
• Ensuring Local Workforce Innovation Area employers have access to the skilled labor they need to compete in a rapidly globalizing economy
Meet the Board
McKellar, Robertson, McCarty & Click Insurance, Ltd.
Board Vice Chair
PRSI Pump Repair Specialists, Inc.
Operating Engineers Local #841
Moultrie County Counseling Center
Top Shelf Solutions
Department of Rehabilitation Services
University of Illinois Extension
North American Lighting
Laborers Local #159
Department of Employment Security
Cornerstone Wealth Management, LLC
First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust
Sarah Bush Lincoln
Lake Land College
Department of Human Services
Kuhl’s Trailer Sales
Olney Trust Bank
LWIA 23 Board Member
Information & Archives
The LWIA 23 Workforce Board typically meets the third Monday of every third month at 6 pm. Board meetings are usually held in the Board Room at CEFS Office – 1805 S. Banker St., Effingham, Illinois.